My Blog List

Friday, August 21, 2009

Carolina’s Calling Me

Sometimes the memories of long ago tug at you and by chance guide you back to a place you belonged but left.
*

I have come,

From a place and time,

The like’s of,

You could not know,

Where moonbeams dance,

Upon the glistening pines,

And the stars,

Shine bright and bold,

Where angels dance and glide,

Upon the gentle breeze,

I hear the whispering,

Of one so dear,

Carolina’s calling me,

I have stood with in her forest,

Walked down by her sea,

Basked in her sunlight,

Beside her moss covered trees,

Somewhere along the way,

She took a part of me,

She visits me,

While I sleep,

Comforts me in my dreams,

Gives me strength,

When I am weak,

Yes,

Carolina’s calling me,

I have sat down,

In her meadows,

Where wild flowers grow,

I have felt,

Her gently tugging,

Calling to my soul,

Although my spirit wanders,

To places far away,

Dear sweet Carolina,

Still calls me back to stay,

As I stand in her state forest,

Not far from her sea,

Yes,

Dear sweet Carolina’s,

Calling out to me,

No comments:

Post a Comment